Skyfish is looking for a senior electrical engineer to be a hands-on leader. As a leader, you should mentor junior engineers, ensure best practices are followed, plan and schedule projects, establish testing protocols, manage people, and have the expertise to fill in at any position if necessary.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction and leadership.
- Teach preferred design practices.
- Define and promote standardized tools.
- Promote design reuse.
- Review designs of team members for completeness, accuracy, cost, and compliance to specifications.
- Manage staff to meet division goals using outsourced resources as appropriate.
- Utilize Collaborative Life Cycle Management tools to track and manage work.
- Resolve priority conflicts within the department.
- Participate in the annual review process for staff members.
- Recruit talented new staff as needed to meet objectives.
- Manage product development goals.
- Review customer-provided RFPs for technical content and feasibility.
- Estimate development efforts in terms of manpower, non-recurring and recurring costs, assumptions, risks, and collateral benefits.
- Develop technical sections on proposals.
- Disclose ideas developed in the course of product development for the purpose of obtaining patents for the corporation & participate in the patent application process.
- Investigate and resolve product failures.
- Maintain products throughout their life cycle.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in electronic product design/development.
- 2+ years of experience providing technical supervision and leadership.
- Knowledge of electrical, software, mechanical, and systems interactions.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to apply knowledge effectively towards solving real problems.
- Effective oral, and written communications skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, results-oriented, and a clear focus on quality.
Yearly salary will be between 90k and 130k depending on experience.