Lead all electrical engineering activities within the company. Ensure all electrical engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with established policies and objectives.
Request a Qoute
Let's exchange numbers.
Please enter your information into the online form below and expect a quote from us
within 24 hours.
Contact Skyfish Support
Skyfish experts are available Monday to Friday, 9am - 9pm Montana Time. Fill out the form below to contact Skyfish support directly.
Engineering Leader for Drone Co.
Location: Stevensville, MT
Industry: Aviation and Aerospace
Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead electrical engineering department.
- Provide technical direction and leadership.
- Teach preferred design practices.
- Define and promote standardized tools.
- Promote design reuse.
- Review designs of team members for completeness, accuracy, cost, and compliance to specifications.
- Manage staff to meet division goals using outsourced resources as appropriate.
- Utilize Collaborative Life Cycle Management tools to track and manage work.
- Resolve priority conflicts within the department.
- Provide timely feedback to staff concerning their work.
- Participate in the annual review process for staff members.
- Recruit talented new staff as needed to meet objectives.
- Manage product development projects.
- Review customer-provided RFPs for technical content and feasibility.
- Estimate development efforts in terms of manpower, non-recurring and recurring costs, assumptions, risks, and collateral benefits.
- Develop technical sections on proposals.
- Disclose ideas developed in the course of product development for the purpose of obtaining patents for the corporation. Participate in the patent application process.
- Investigate and resolve product failures.
- Maintain products throughout their life cycle.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 10+ years experience in electronic product design/development.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical supervision and leadership.
- Knowledge of electrical, software, mechanical, and systems interactions.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to apply knowledge effectively towards solving real problems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, results-oriented, and a clear focus on quality.